Lash Extensions Care
Things to Know
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first 24 hours. You can swim, shower, soak in them, anything... after 24 hours.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions.
- ONLY use oil-free products.
- If your lash extensions get tangled/crossed, use a spoolie (given to you at the time of appointment) to brush out your lashes.
- Keep your lashes clean with our Lash Cleanser that is included in our Aftercare Kit. If you wear makeup, workout/sweat regularly, or have oily skin... clean your lashes 5-7 times a week. If not, you can clean your lashes at least 2-3 times a week or as needed. The cleanser is available for purchase after your appointment for $6 or get the entire Aftercare Kit for $8.
- NO MASCARA.
- After showers, blot lashes dry, let them air dry, or use a hair dryer on the cool setting. Do not rub them.
- Try to avoid makeup, heavy creams, oils, and facial products on your lash line. To much product on the lash line can cause build up and/or break down the adhesive quicker. Use a cotton swab to help remove makeup around the eye.
- Humans shed approximately 2-5 natural lashes per eye, per day. It is normal to lose up to 5 extensions per eye within the first 24 hours, do not be alarmed! Your lash tech will apply approximately 100 extensions to each eye, so expect to lose between 42-63 lashes after 2-3 weeks. That is why fill ins are important.
- Schedule a fill every 2-3 weeks. Anything after is considered a new set.
- Let a professional remove your lashes. Removing them at home can very well damage your natural lashes.
How to Clean Lash Extensions
- Purchase our Aftercare Kit at your lash appointment to clean your lash extensions.
- Wash hands and shake well before every use.
- Add a few pumps of lash cleanser on the brush or finger (do not use a cotton swab or any fibrous material).
- With eyes closed, distribute the cleanser onto the lashes, particularly along the lash line. It's easier to clean one eye at a time.
- GENTLY work the brush up and down along the lashes.
- Rinse your lash extensions off with warm water.
- Allow your lashes to air dry or blow dry with a mini fan on a cool setting.
- Use our Sparkly Lash Wand to brush them out. ALL DONE.
- If you wear makeup, workout/sweat regularly, or have oily skin... clean your lashes 5-7 times a week. If not, you can clean your lashes at least 2-3 times a week or as needed.
If you have a question or are unsure about the after care, please contact your lash technician.